- Best Presentation in Synthetic Biology @ 13th International Conference on the Simulation & Synthesis of Living Systems, Alife 13, Michigan State University, USA. Martin M. Hanczyc & Maik Hadorn.
- Best poster prize at the January 2012 Gordon Research Conference on the Origins of Life, Galveston, Texas, USA. Rafal Wieczorek.
- The Sherwood Chang-Eliot Kalmbach Award for Excellence in Astrobiology Research at the Gordon Research Conference 2010 on Origins of Life. Sarah Elizabeth Maurer.
- Gold Medal at International Genetically Engineered Machines Student Competition (iGEM) 2010 at MIT, USA. SDU-Denmark iGEM team supervised by Martin M. Hanczyc.
- Safety Commendation at International Genetically Engineered Machines Student Competition (iGEM) 2010 at MIT, USA. SDU-Denmark iGEM team supervised by Martin M. Hanczyc.
- Poster award granted by Chemical Society reviews at The International Symposium on Macrocyclic & Supramolecular Chemistry (ISMSC), 2009. Stinne W. Hansen.
- Top-5 Scientific Breakthrough 2009 (Ingeniøren). Steen Rasmussen, Sarah Elizabeth Maurer & Pierre-Alain Monnard.
- Best presented work, ALife XI, Winchester, UK 2008. Martin M. Hanczyc.